Monday, May 12, 2008

quickie update

yes, I know I tend to abandon my blog for weeks on end and then just post a quick update but well, just humor me for a bit.

finally finished almost 2 1/2 years as a lecturer at UCSI (pronounced yuck-see... just kidding) toward the end of April. I miss the colleagues and most of the students, but not much else. I really hated the stupid hill it was built on, and it helped give me additional problems with my feet, something called plantar fasciitis, so I definitely don't miss the place.

I do miss Samosa Cafe though. It was one of the few places that actually had decent food around the place.

Went to Chiang Mai in northern Thailand for a holiday with the wife for a 5D4N holiday. Thankfully it was off peak period so there weren't too many people (especially not too many Malaysians. it's a preference). We stayed at the Holiday Inn, a 4 star hotel which was outside the town, so getting anywhere required taking a tuk-tuk (basic motor-taxi for two passengers), but it wasn't too bad. It was a nice, quiet place. The total cost for flight and hotel (4 nights) was RM1,500 or so (for two), which was quite good.

I'll post more on Chiang Mai later. Tired and worn out as too many things are happening at the moment!

No comments: