Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thaipusam holiday!

yesterday we got a public holiday for Thaipusam! Ordinarily those of us who work in KL don't get this holiday, it's only a holiday for those who work in Selangor (and some other states) but this year the PM announced that KL & Putrajaya would get this holiday as well. It was a break that was badly needed.

Doggy day at Central Park BU on Sunday was fun (although hot). I'll post pics of Speedy enjoying himself there soon. Unfortunately I was too busy ogling at all the siberian huskies and st. bernards and beagles and other really really nice dogs there (while trying to ignore the annoying chihuahuas and abundant shih tzus!)

I had to buy a card reader just to download the pictures from the digital camera. No cradle (I have no idea where it went) so I needed to transfer the pics directly from the memory card. And the memory card used by that camera is an XD picture card. Not good! I'm used to working with SD cards which are more standard. Anyway, the last time I inserted the XD card into my notebook, it destroyed the information on the card, causing me to lose all my pictures and having to reformat the entire card (bad sign that my notebook is on its way out!). So one day when I went to Subang Parade I dropped by the IT center and got a card reader. Got a cheaper one (about RM55) and found out that even though it says XD on the back packaging, in reality it doesn't accept the card at all. Ended up having to bring it back to exchange for a better one (and paying an extra rm20 to bring the total up to RM75). But now it works like a charm, and I can even work with mini and micro SD cards without needed an adapter. Cool!

In unrelated news, my bed broke. Yep, after 5 years of serving me, my RM8 king sized bed broke (yes, you read that right, I bought the bed for only RM8. It was a special promotion that came with the mattress). Hey, what do you expect from a RM8 bed, right?! So last night we had to go and look for a new bed. Tempting to buy a new mattress as well, as our old one is sort of giving way as well (it was one of the cheaper ranged mattresses) but finances don't permit it. Oh well... the new bed is coming tonight. Bought it at Kelana Furniture Mall. Very good and congenial salesman. Plus, the prices there were cheaper than most other places. Yeah, I'm such a sucker for good customer service.

update: the bed came. It looks cool and comfy :)

No comments: