Tuesday, February 12, 2008

brainless people alert, part 1

last Tuesday I went to Jusco at One Utama and it was really crowded. Had to go to the supermarket to get some stuff.

so, my wife and I were waiting in line, waiting to pay at the line next to the express lane. As we were nearing the cashier, we overheard a conversation between the Jusco cashier at the express lane and a woman who had an entire basket full of stuff.

Jusco cashier: I'm sorry, miss, this is the express lane, only 8 items and below
Stupid woman: But I'm in this queue
Jusco cashier: I'm sorry, miss, but you can't use this lane, you have more than 8 items
Stupid woman: Look, I have 4 types of items: drinks, meats, etc., etc.
Jusco cashier: Sorry, you'll have to join the regular queue
Stupid woman: But the other queues are so long!
Jusco cashier: I'm sorry, miss, but you can't use this lane. You'll have to join the regular queues

at which point the woman puts the basket down on the floor in a huff and walks away angrily

way to go, Jusco cashier! I'm so glad you stood your ground and kept to your principles, not letting that stupid woman jump queue and get away with it. I wish we had more people like you who don't stand for unethical people who try to get ahead at the inconvenience of other people. Thank you so much.

No comments: