Monday, February 4, 2008

haih

feel so sleepy today

no I didn't sleep very late. Dunno why, I just feel sleepy. Couldn't get my engine started in the morning. Thankfully my first class of the day was 11am. Must get up earlier tomorrow though. First class is 9.30am.

had a decent weekend. My wifey's birthday was yesterday so we've been having a series of celebrations. On Saturday we went to Andana Spa which is in the Holiday Inn at Glenmarie. It's a per-entry deal, where you pay RM148++ (works out to about RM170 nett) for entry. Upon entry, you get to use the hydrotherapy pools, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, etc. Then after drying off, you get to sit in the lounge with comfy recliners and comfortable air-conditioning. We got a private room that seated 4 of us comfortably and even a DVD player and LCD screen. Besides that, you get a 40 minute massage (either aromatherapy or shiatsu), and limitless food, freshly squeezed fruit juice and Haagen Dazs Ice cream. Not a bad deal, eh? Plus, you get to stay there for as long as you like, the place is open from 10am till midnight.

so we spent almost all of Saturday there. Had to rush to Jusco to get a wok. Yeah, not just any wok. It's a wok that was on a special Chinese New Year promotion, now only RM688 (for a 40cm wok that's normally easily over RM1k), and I got a saucepan and an induction stove free. Not too bad, eh?

Sunday, went to a friend's church where he was spending his first Sunday as the pastor of that church. Pastor Timothy Yap, have a great tenure at Cornerstone Baptist Church & keep preaching God's Word.

we went to Cheras Leisure Mall to meet up with one of my wife's old friends who was around (she works in Singapore so we don't see her very often). Had lunch at Dragon-i (I like that place) and bumped into James, an old high school friend of mine. He even paid for our lunch without our knowing (paiseh, paiseh).

then I went over to the Guitar Store to pick up my new toy... hehehe. Yes, I finally got the Godin Freeway 4 bass guitar. Drooling over it. It's in metallic burgundy. Nice, bright clear tone. Didn't get to play with it though, cause we had to clean house that day *boo hoo*

dinner was at Las Carretas in Taipan, Subang Jaya. Good place and one of the only places to get Mexican food. No pictures unfortunately but the food was good. Will write more about that later. I had a chimichanga while my wife had an enchilada. Quite alright, although not as beefy as I would have liked.

that's all the update for now. Over and out :p

1 comment:

max k said...

Ohhhh cool! The Godin is here!

Muahaha.... metallic burgundy. Even the sound of that feels delicious.. Hehe.